Monday, May 11, 2009

From 4/25/2009

(From 4/25/2009) So Josh is doing a BLOG… again. Go figure, I think I have heard this tune before. Yeah well, so build a bridge and get over it. I will try and be a tad more punctual on updates; I did back in the day when I was in Tucson and Kuwait, keeping a blog so some of my friends and family could keep track of what I was doing without me sending 25 emails containing the same things all the time. So for those of you who don’t know I am now residing and working in Arlington, Virginia. Yes the same Virginia that I worked in from June 2001 until May of 2002 when I first got out of Mass. Maritime. I have a completely different approach to the area now; I am older, and supposed to be wiser. I guess I feel wiser, I suppose. Yesterday was my 2 month anniversary at the job as well. Working in Rosslyn, Virginia, wearing a suit to work each and every day (Fridays actually not tie and no jacket required, makes me feel naughty) It had been so long since I wore a tie I started my days the first week watching a video on youtube learning each knot and see what worked best. You will be happy to know I no longer watch the videos! I am leanring to really like the area. I live 1 mile from work and walk downhill to work and uphill home each day. It’s a buzzing work area that empties out at night. However where I live is Last night I ran with the group from Pacer’s Running Store in Arlington. I really like this group. While I prefer a run on the five mile loop back home with Infa, or a run in Franklin with Courtney, I am trying to make do with the situation I have been put in. The pacers running store is a great place, they are family owned and operated, and are super involved with the running community. I have only done two “races” since moving here, the St. Patrick’s Day 8k and the National Marathon, but they were involved in that big time. And they have a group that meets Tuesday and Thursday evening and we go anywhere from 4 to 6 miles. I benefit a lot more running with other than doing it on my own. More to come. Josh

No comments: