Sunday, October 28, 2012

P Bruins, Scorpion Bowl, Bigger Pants weekend




So what is in a weekend?  Time for fun? Time for painful chores? Time for friends?  I usually migrate towards the things that are fun.  Danielle and I left work Friday and headed to Patriot Place.  I had to buy some jeans that fit considering my ass continues to grow (go figure) and my clothing doesn’t fit.  So rather than work out, and burn a calorie, I feel it is easier to buy new clothes.  In all honesty It had been more than 5 years since I purchased a pair of jeans.  I guess the carpenter jeans just aren’t cool any more.  So we hung around Patriot Place for a little and did something we do not enjoy, shop for clothes.  Then we went to Toby Keith’s, “I love this bar” bar.  I had not been, I kind of refused to thinking I am not all about Pop Culture Americana, but I gave in.  It was fun, had a beer in a mason jar, and watched all the staff in their costumes, some were just so funny! 
Then we headed to Providence, to catch a Providence Bruins Game.  The Boston Bruins along with the rest of the NHL is still in a lock out, but felt like this would be a good way to see the stars of tomorrow.  When I purchased the tickets, I did not realize that UMass Lowell was hosting Boston College, in Lowell at the very same time.  BC were the 2012 National Champs, so that would have been an awesome game to catch as well. 
The only time I had been in the Dunkin Donuts Center before was for a Monster Truck rally with Zach my nephew and my brother Adam like 7 years ago.  They have really done a nice job updating it but they charged $9 for a beer.  $9 BUCKS!  Unreal.  I guess I am in the wrong line of work.  So If you go to a game, do yourself a favor and smuggle in brews.  That is an friggin rip off!  Its not like they are trying to off set the $20 million dollar salary of someone on the ice.
The game was very fun, the P Bruins threw down with several fights.  If that were a statistic that was kept and helped with a win, they would have won in a land slide.  Byt thy ended up losing in a close game, closer than it appeared at 3-0.  It was “Pink in the Rink” night so they gave everyone a pink towel and the 75% full crowd would have them from time to time.  And yes you bet your ass I will be writing off the $5 per ticket that was going to the Gloria Gemma Breast Cancer foundation.  This years taxes shall be fun!
We spent the weekend in Plymouth, complete with seeing my friends, the mini lop rabbit owners, and teaching my brother how to ask inappropriate questions to Siri on his iPad. 
So between a scorpion bowl, and seeing the Pats at a good buddy’s house from work, just Destroy the Rams, it was a good weekend where I question where the time has gone by the end of it. 
With the class in the rear view mirror I have not decided whether I am taking a new one yet but I should decide because they are starting this week.  Whatever the case may be, enjoy Hurricane Sandy, don’t let her get the best of you! Stay strong.  Josh

1 comment:

Meaghan said...

You saw the lops?!?! Sounds like you had an awesome weekend, YAY!!! I used to see the P Bruins play all the time when I lived in the 'boro; those games are SO much fun! Definitely NOT $9 when I went, but that was also 100 years ago!