Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Off to drink

So a lot has changed in my life since my last blog post.  I will not say I PROMISE to write more because I wouldn't want to break that promise.

Well anyways I live in Lowell, Massachusetts now.  I will have plenty of posts about home ownership, what it was like to undertake this huge act of painting every wall (still not done yet, about 91% complete) and have a company come rip up tile, carpet and existing bamboo flooring and lay hardwood floors, and then the adjustment of the new job which drives me flipping bonkers sometimes.  However I am very great to have a job, have made my first mortgage payment, and now I can walk to Lowell Beer Works and try the newest Brew.  They come out with a new beer every month and I am looking forward to it.

I ran tonight, not much at all, but a HUGE amount compared to what I have ran lately.  To say I am unmotivated is an understatement.  To say I lack direction in the area of fitness is the truth and for the first time in my life, it hasn't bothered me.

I miss having friends that are active and hold my feet to the fire when it comes to something like athletics.  Gone have been the days of calling a friend close by to go run 5 miles at a good clip and talk about the days events.  I ran short of 4 miles tonight, however its almost double my mileage over the last 6 weeks or so.

Anyways I will write more later, plenty to catch up on.  But this, November 1st 2011, in my flannel shirt, I will be the guy at the bar, alone, watching some NHL game I could care less about, trying the beer of the month.  Life is grand.  Josh

1 comment:

Meaghan said...

I'll run w you any day!!! However, I usually leave my house at 5am to run :) or run on my way home. However, let's compare schedules and nail down some running dates. Miss you!