Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The last day of January, woo hoo!


Blogging.  Its not jogging, even though both of them take a considerable amount of effort, and somehow I seem to not be able to find time in my life for any of these.  Why, what’s the excuse you may ask?  Um, not much of one.  It’s the final hour and 8 minutes left in the month of January, and I eagerly look forward to a more productive February.  While the shortest month of the year, I feel it can be a powerful one. 
So speaking of power, my nephew Danny AKA Baby Danny took his first steps on his own today.  I wish I was there to see it.  For a couple months now he has been doing this scooting on his butt thing, its pretty amazing stuff.  Scoot on your butt by bouncing, moving forward and not using any hands.  Sure try it at home; I don’t think you will find yourself successful.  My sister seems to have mastered this art of creating not only gorgeous children, but ones with great lower body strength.  From Zachary on down, her kids have always had these legs like they belong on the defensive line of the Patriots, or pushing wheelbarrows of bricks around a work site or something. 
Speaking of Patriots, Super Bowl is this weekend.  Patriots with a rematch from 4 years ago against the New York Giants.  Or the New Jersey Giants as I like to refer to them as.  The team resides in New jersey, why not give that state their due, they put up with the traffic, and their fans, and the hoopla that goes along with the team.  Why should someone in Albany,NY be able to call that his home team.  That’s bull.  Regardless of where they play at, I have had a strong dislike for that franchise my entire life that I have been making my own decisions.   The last time they met in the Superbowl I logged onto a sports better website as out 18-0 Patriots warmed up, and emptied my checking account on a bet for my hometown team.  Then I watched in amazement as David Tyree made the catch of the decade, and Eli Manning tore out of sacks.  After that Super Bowl I stood with my mouth agape for 20 minutes after the game.  I could not control my behaviors.  Not only did I lose a crap load of money, that I thought was such a guaranteed win, but I saw the unthinkable happen before my own eyes. 
I did not listen to sports talk radio for more than 2 months after that.  A routine I was doing for 2 + hours a day for the two years prior, driving from Plymouth to Providence for my job. 
So as I approach February 1st, I hope to be able to make a few big moves in my life.  Things like, get my taxes done EARLY!  Plan the honeymoon.  Get a wedding cake.  Take a pottery class.  Maybe take a dance class.  Have my pants fit better.  Re-establish friendships with some friends I really haven’t spent much time around for quite a while, and file every piece of paper in my life, in a hanging file folder, once and for all.  I have all the drawers I need, just need to find the time to do it.  Until next time, Josh

No comments: